Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Celebrating Hanukah in NYC


                                       
Hello! It's been awhile since I've posted. My homework load has been absolutely atrocious, therefore no time to write for fun :(. Plus no fun things to blog about! Well, it's Thanksgiving break and I'm spending it in NYC with my lovely friend Emma! This is my third time in New York so by now it somewhat feels like coming home. I still don't know my way around the city, but it's nice being back in the hustle and bustle! It's been a bit rainy so I don't have any outside pics yet, but hopefully those will come soon! For now I have some lovely indoor pictures.

Today we walked around a lot and went to one of my favorite stores, FAO Schwarz. It was super crowded since it's Thanksgiving therefore, no pictures, but I loved going there and seeing all the excited kids! Next we went to Saks 5th Avenue. We went and bought some SnAKS at their cafe since that was really the only thing we could afford. We ordered some champagne and "snacks" aka a meal. I had a margarita flatbread while Emma had grilled cheese. It was enough to feed both of us which I don't really consider snacking. It all tasted so good and looked amazing. Naturally we also had to get desert! It was a crepe cake with layers of crepes and cream. It tasted so good that even though I was stuffed I couldn't stop eating it!
Margarita Pizza
Champagne and Crepe Cake
Then we walked around the Union Square Christmas market. It was fun to look, a little to expensive to buy anything. But we did get macaroons! Can't wait to try them!
By this time it was getting late and we went back to Emma's house to celebrate the first night of Hanukah with her family! I enjoyed watching her light the candle and hearing the prayer. I also tried latkes for the first time. I advise everyone to have some. They are really good! I also got presents! It was a great experience!

So excited to see the parade tomorrow for the first time in person! Hope you are all have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment