Sunday, October 27, 2013

Busy Busy Busy (5 Things

Usually I do a five things I'm excited for post, but this week I have been really busy. I didn't have time to blog at all this week! So I will be writing about 5 things I did this week!

1. As you can see from the above picture, I was on the radio this week.  I was interviewed with my belly dance co-captain about the club by our student run college radio station. It was a lot of fun and a great new experience. I couldn't believe how close you have to be to the mic to be heard clearly!


2. Belly dance club also did a fundraiser this week. We made these cute boograms for students to buy and address to someone. Then we put them in the mail for them! Although we didn't make much from the fundraiser, a lot of students looked at our table, when students normally ignore these kinds of tables. 

3. We had the author, Ann Pancake, come talk to our class. She was awesome to talk to since she didn't just lecture at us or simply answer our questions. She liked to ask us questions and hear about our writing lives. It became more of a conversation than a Q and A session which was a great change. I learned more from her than I did any other author who has come to visit!

4. I went to a haunted house put on by my school's paranormal club. It was in our school's church. They made it seem like we were going through a disease stricken battlefield. Which might be why I didn't think it was very scary... That kind of stuff doesn't scare me because if there is a epidemic, you'll be dead no matter how fast you run.

5. Our first belly dance performance was on Thursday and I thought it went pretty well. The performance was fairytale themed. We decorated with crowns and swords from the dollar section of Target and some Disney princess tattoos. Surprisingly, there were crowns and a sword left over, but no tattoos left. What does that say about college students?

Hope you all have had a more relaxing week than I have! Our club's big dance performance is this Saturday! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a crazy week. It is so cool that you got to be on the radio for belly dancing! Did you read any of Ann Pancake's books before meeting her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! I read about half of Ann's stories from her collection Given Ground. I wasn't a huge fan of her work, but she does a great job of describing place and creating characters around it!

    ReplyDelete