Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 2013 Birchbox Unveiling


I started subscribing to Birchbox about four months ago because I know next to nothing about make up. I really only understand the basics like how to put on eyeliner and balance up to two colors of blended eye shadow. Joining Birchbox meant learning about products that I never knew existed. Each sample is a full size and since I don't wear much makeup, I don't go through the samples very quickly.  Here is my take on what I got this month.

Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up (in Medium), Liz Earle Muslin Cloths and Hot Cloth Cleanser, ChapStick, and POP Beauty Lip Gloss (in Flowering Fuchsia)  
This month's box was themed Beauty Buzz, basically a selection of "trendsetting" make up products and brands. The only products I have heard of before are ChapStick and Benefit. Having said that, I'm really excited to try most of these products.  I received a lip gloss, undereye concealer/moisturizer, ChapStick, hot cloth cleanser, and 2 muslin cloths to use with the cleanser. All of these seem very practical. The undereye concealer/moisturizer might not be my skin tone, but everything else is make up I can see myself wearing and that I've thought of trying.


I would give this box a solid A- because the products are all things I need/or have thought of trying. I just hope the concealer works for my skin tone! I will plan on getting next month's Birchbox since this one was so good. I've liked my Birchbox experience so far and recommend non-beauty experts to try it!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you graded the box! After watching you unpack your Birchbox, I've been thinking about looking into it for myself...

    ReplyDelete