Thursday, September 19, 2013

How to Have Fun In A Small College Town

I've lived in the city all my life until I moved out to Pennsylvania for college. I never thought I would miss the city so much. Sure, there are a few charms to living in a small town. There are cute little boutiques and locally owned coffee shops. The scenery and river nearby are gorgeous to take pictures by. But it is not the same as the nonstop activity of the city.


The other day, for fun, a friend and I walked to CVS. It's a good 30 minute walk there. May not sound like the most exciting activity to do, but we ended up looking through the Halloween section. There were lots of different candy and lawn decorations. We messed with a few of the moving, singing decorations and laughed at some of the awkward decorations. CVS suddenly became fun, because we made it that way.

Even the most boring situations can be made fun if you focus your attention on the activity at hand and choose to have fun. Waking up in the morning, I can decide it will be a bad day or a good day. There are a few outside factors that can't be helped, but I choose how I handle them. Everyday things can be more fun, if we choose them to be :)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10715683/?claim=q75mspcy8nx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment