Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Staying Calm When Things Don't Work Out

Today I had so many ideas for a blog post I wanted to write. I also was very excited to try writing early today and have my post done by noon! I was ready! Yesterday morning, I blocked out my time for homework for yesterday and today.  A wrench was thrown in when two people in my class sent their papers to critique 4-6 hours after they were due.  I, therefore, had less than twenty four hours to get these critiques done and sleep and eat.  On top of all this, I have been sick, the kind of sick where you just want to sleep all the time!  So, lets just say I was a little angry.  And by angry I mean infuriated!

I felt like everything was ruined and it was out of my control.  I had scheduled everything the way I had so I could get plenty of sleep while attending the meetings I had to attend.  This might seem over exaggerated, but life can be that way. One day everything is planned and you are proud of being able to fit everything into your schedule then someone else messes with it. It was in your control, and now, in a  way it is not.

I let myself get all these frustrations out. I told people how I was feeling and I LET myself be mad. For awhile. Eventually, everything got done. I let myself get enough sleep and I told the professor my critiques would be late.  And then it was over.  I took a deep breathe and relaxed.  Sometimes it's okay to be angry, but that anger needs to be let go of so you can move on. Not letting stress get the best of you is important and one of the hardest things to do in life. And that is why you treat yourself when things get fixed!  It's like a gift to yourself saying, "Hurray you survived! Have a treat on me!" I treated myself to some free chocolate fondue at the school's coffee house and felt very accomplished(see Five Things I'm excited for written last Sunday)!

                                          http://www.lindtusa.com/img/main-fondue.jpg


I hope you have all had a great beginning to your week and it just keeps getting better!  See ya here on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment